Sunday, October 01, 2006

Well, let's see if this baby will still start...

According to my Blogger Dashboard, I actually opened this blog on 15 December, 2004. I was happy to find that the name/URL was available and grabbed it. The intent was to post my own thoughts and observations on the political front at the time (post-election '04). My life took several interesting turns shortly thereafter and I put the project on hold. There are several such projects that I have started over the past few years. The fact that I abandon them at some point does not bother me. They have a lifespan and then they are done. Others, such as my independent music podcast, simply go on extended hiatus.

"For the record, we never broke up. We just took a fourteen-year vacation." - the Eagles, Hell Freezes Over

Some things I start, only to discover that they weren't really what I wanted to do at all. I am not embarassed by this. I know many, many people who sit and wonder and do nothing at all.

"For God's sake, DO SOMETHING... even if it turns out to be wrong!" - my dad, when I was 18.

I also held off on plastering up political rants and observations because a good friend of mine had a really nice site already dedicated to politics and such. In case you missed that link, be sure to check out Nero's Fiddle. I was content to comment on his site from time to time. But, I fear I will end up abusing his hospitality with my verbosity. I'll still hang there, but there are some things I want to do that require their own forum.

A good chunk of the inspiration for starting this now is my wife. I bore her to tears, bitching and moaning and pontificating over whatever is floating through my mind politic at the time. Maybe this will give her respite.

Maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger neros_fiddle said...

Congrats on the new site and thanks for the kind words. I've been meaning to re-do my links for a while now, and now I have a good reason.

I'm looking forward to coming back often.

10:05 AM  
Blogger The Drama Mama said...

Thanks for the break, my love :)

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home